As winter finally begins to fade into our rearview mirrors and we stop worrying (as much) about snow drifts and black ice getting in the way of our travel plans, there’s one thing all drivers need to remember:
Road safety is still a crucial issue in the spring!
There’s no doubt the start of a new season is exciting, especially after several long, dark months spent cooped up in the house, but there’s no reason to throw caution to the wind when you get behind the wheel. Spring brings its own set of driving hazards, as we illustrate in this infographic.
As a leading provider of mobile windshield repair throughout the U.S., Auto Glass Fitters is in the business of keeping drivers safe. When you hit the road this spring, be aware of all the potential road hazards listed above, and follow these tips to protect yourself, your passengers and your vehicle.
- When it’s raining, slow down! This might seem obvious, but it bears repeating. You might think you’re in total control of your vehicle, but wet pavement will make it harder to stop short, and following too close behind another car is a recipe for disaster.
- Mind your medication. If you take allergy medication in the spring, and drowsiness is a side effect, never take it before embarking on a long drive.
- Expect to share the road. Always be on the lookout for bicycles, motorcycles, and children or animals running into the road. Reducing speed and putting down the cell phone will help you to stay extra vigilant.
- Steer clear of potholes and puddles. It’s impossible to judge just how deep a pothole is, or what could be lurking inside a large puddle. Whenever possible, avoid driving over any obstructions in the road.
- Maintain proper tire pressure. Underinflated tires are susceptible to blowouts, which can leave you stranded or cause accidents.
- Don’t drive with windshield damage — or anything else that hinders your visibility. If your windshield is cracked, we urge you to get it fixed before the damage spreads into your field of vision or causes the windshield to shatter. Along those lines, if your windshield wipers are malfunctioning, or the blades are detached and falling off, replace them immediately. If you can’t see, you’re not safe!
Remember, you can always count on Auto Glass Fitters to provide windshield repairs or windshield replacement services, whenever or wherever you need them. Contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment today!