Is your windshield cracked?
Are you worried the crack will spread and you’ll end up with a broken windshield in the middle of the highway?
Most chances are- you will. Almost all cracks will spread eventually.
That’s why a crack in your windshield is dangerous. It can cause the integrity of your windshield to be in question putting yourself and your passengers in danger.
We’re here to fix it quickly and get you back on the road safely.
Is the damage larger than 1 inch in diameter? Is it in the driver’s line of vision? In that case, we’ll need to replace the windshield.
After you call us, you can:
• Have technician come over to your location of choice or
• Come in to one of our service centers if you have one nearby
Anyway, we’ll have you back on the road in no time.
We make sure your car is as safe as when it left the factory.
When we replace your windshield, we follow the guidelines developed by experts at the Auto Glass Safety Council.
Our certified technicians follow the AGRSS- Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard. And we use our own experience at Auto Glass Fitters of replacing more than half a million windshields nationwide.
When you meet, here’s what our certified technician will do:
• Explain in detail the service being performed.
• Perform a pre-inspection to verify the vehicle is undamaged.
• Remove your rearview mirror as well as other attachments to the glass like your E-ZPass, state inspection sticker, and parking stickers.
• Completely and safely remove the old windshield.
• Remove the old adhesive down to 1/8” (this is crucial!).
• If necessary, vacuum any broken glass from the vehicle.
Reattach the rearview mirror, inspection sticker and other items that were previously removed.
• Inspect the installation of the new windshield and make sure it meets the Auto Glass Fitters standards.
• Inform you of the Safe Drive Away Time (SDAT) and other guidelines to follow with your new windshield. We want to make sure the polyurethane adhesive has set fully and your vehicle is safe to drive.
Where other companies cut corners (make sure you avoid this)
It is critical that the old adhesive is removed. To have a safely installed windshield, we must use new sealant. Some companies may try to reuse the old adhesive, and it’s crucial that you won’t let that happen. It also violates the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard. At Auto glass fitters, we use only OEM approved polyurethane adhesives, primers and activators to safely install your new windshield.
Your car will be as safe as when it left the factory.
Is the damage smaller than an inch in diameter?
Is it not in the driver’s line of vision? If so, we can repair it and prevent the crack from spreading.
Windshield repairs are quick and affordable and can sometimes be covered by your insurance provider at little or no cost to you. Many insurance companies waive deductibles up to $500 if you repair rather than replace. Let one of our insurance billing specialists help you determine your coverage.
Why should you repair a cracked windshield early?
Because small nicks or chips can turn into a large crack requiring a full windshield replacement. The sooner you have a repair done- the better.
If you catch it early, an auto glass repair could be all you need and repair is a fraction of the cost of replacement.
If the repaired area spreads, or you’re unsatisfied with the repair, the cost of the repair will be credited toward the cost of a brand new windshield installation as long as we at Auto Glass Fitters perform the windshield replacement.